When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Bracelet Clasp Question...

scooter14

Howdy,

I have a repair / mod question about the Omega rep bracelet. The clasp on mine seems to be a bit loose. If I bump the clasp it pops open without actuating the two release buttons. Is there a way to tighten this up so it won't just "pop" open?

I've hunted around in By-Tor's guides and done several searches. Lots of great info on re-sizing and changing bracelets out... nothing yet on the clasp. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks

Howdy,

I have a repair / mod question about the Omega rep bracelet. The clasp on mine seems to be a bit loose. If I bump the clasp it pops open without actuating the two release buttons. Is there a way to tighten this up so it won't just "pop" open?

I've hunted around in By-Tor's guides and done several searches. Lots of great info on re-sizing and changing bracelets out... nothing yet on the clasp. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks

I have 2 Omegas. Make sure you hear and feel the click. I put my finger under the clasp and my thumb on the clasp, press hard,you will feel and hear the click. It should then be secure.

I have 2 Omegas. Make sure you hear and feel the click. I put my finger under the clasp and my thumb on the clasp, press hard,you will feel and hear the click. It should then be secure.

Thanks. That got me thinking about how the clasp works... two thin bars that actually move away from each other when the buttons are pushed. Pretty simple... I slipped a very small common screwdriver in there and gently bent the bars a little closer together. The rest is exactly like you said: finger and thumb, press hard, wait for the click.

Thanks dude. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This fix won't last. I know from experience. The spring is weak and will loosen in time.

Good news is a genuine one will fit. Cousins UK stocks them, but since they changed their website design I haven't been able to find it in their inventory.

If your nuts about the watch, I would suggest springing for the OEM clasp. Last I checked, Ofrei had them as well.

The OEM is one fine piece of engineering & worth the investment, IMO. Get them while you can.... Omega seems to be going rlx way (strict parts distribution policy) so sourcing original parts may become difficult in the not too distant future.

If your nuts about the watch, I would suggest springing for the OEM clasp. Last I checked, Ofrei had them as well.

The OEM is one fine piece of engineering & worth the investment, IMO. Get them while you can.... Omega seems to be going rlx way (strict parts distribution policy) so sourcing original parts may become difficult in the not too distant future.

Good idea! I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that ASAP.