When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Research Pam Model ?

Golfman

The dial is from a PAM 5218/201A Pre-A panerai from 1993. These were only in a polished SS case so this is a fantasy model.

Unfortunately i think the dial is not a 5218/201A Pre-A panerai from 1993 : cause of the "L swiss L" under the 6. All pics i've seen on 5218/201A haven't anything under the 6. And you're right these were only in a polished SS case. So an unique watch for my eyes only :winkiss:

Unfortunately i think the dial is not a 5218/201A Pre-A panerai from 1993 : cause of the "L swiss L" under the 6. All pics i've seen on 5218/201A haven't anything under the 6. And you're right these were only in a polished SS case. So an unique watch for my eyes only :winkiss:

Mark (Finepics) is correct that this is a rep of the 5218/201A dial insofar as the LUMINOR PANERAI are together below the 12 and only the logo is on the bottom half of the dial. However, Golfman is also correct in that the 5218/201A did not have L SWISS L, or anything else at the base of the dial - simple explanation is that these watches were made in Italy, not Switzerland. The numbers are the more recent shape (see ‘2’) rather than the pre-Vendome.

This rep was marketed as a 000 a couple of years ago but the dial has the wrong layout and neither the 5218/201A nor 000 were available in PVD. The dial is a fantasy and anything remotely resembling this should be in a SS case not black.

• 5 months later...