When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can Anyone Do The Pearl Upgrade Mod?

ZedWings

Hi,

I have a new version SMP chrono coming. The QC pics confirmed typical pearl inaccuacy i.e. it sits too low in the triangle, touching the edges. I read in a review about a pearl upgrade that can be carried out. I'm nowhere near competent enough to carry this out myself. Are there any modders who could give me a price for doing this for me?

Thanks for any replies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have to ask if this perl mod is really necessary. If I go to omega's website or to authenticwatches dot com and look at the real photos, I see some omegas(PO and SM and others) have a centered perl and others have the perl touching the bottom(meaning edges of sharp bottom end) of the triangle. So, is this really a rep tip-off or is it simply a variation in production or a variation in models. Why would some models have an off center perl and not others? Someone would really have to know originals well to actually say a rep was a rep because of the perl Ithink.

Edited by ilikewatches99

On this page

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean/22015200

Select the watch with the mesh band in the lower right selector box where it says "Other Versions..", the perl is low. The orange bezel version is centered. Click the arrows and look at the rose gold, it is also a little low, maybe not as much. The orange band, orange bezel looks centered. If you go to the very first one in the list it is centered and the perl looks small and if you go to the last in the list the perl loks bigger and is low. Actually, in their scrolling list the first ones look centered and the later ones look low. Those are on omegas website and I really doubt they are posting rep pics there. I am not sold on the perl mod and if anyone pointed out the issue when looking at my watch I would tell them to look at the PO's on omegas site. They vary.

• 3 weeks later...