When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's the difference ?

the_rymeister

Hi everyone I'm fairly new to rep collecting and after a few weeks of researching the forum I've ordered my first 2 reps which we're omegas but now I'm after a submariner.I've made my mind up after reading many topics that bk is deffinatly the top dog when buying rolex reps as he's got great reputation on the forum and great mods which top the reps off.

My question is what is the difference between the ceramic sub,the 116610 and the Tw sub.I'm guessing they are just different versions of the same model? And does the Tw stand for taiwan? All 3 look great.

Sorry for all the questions but I really wanted to clear this up before I go order the wrong one.or if I don't stop looking on this forum end up buying all 3!!!!!!

Cheers

Ry

Edited by The_Rymeister

First off, welcome ;)

The 16610 has been the current submariner for quite sometime. It has been replaced with a ceramic model that has a ceramic insert on the bezel and very large crown guards. BK offers both. The Ceramic model comes from what is known as the noob factory (they are called that because when they first came out, they were producing some pretty decent reps compared to the other factorys in China and since they were the new kids on the block they became known as the noob factory).

The TW Sub is BK's current offering for a 16610. Not sure what TW stands for, but I don't think it's Taiwan. Just another name for another factory in China.

BK also used to offer up a sub by another factory/person called WM9 which the v2 version was deemed one of the best options out there. It is no longer available and has become highly coveted here. You will see one pop up for sale every now and then, but they are fetching quite a bit of money these days due to their rarity.

Bottom line is, I'd keep researching for a bit, but in my opinion, the BK TW Sub is the best option if you are looking for one right away (even though it will still take several weeks to get one)

Hi red watch thank you for the welcome into the forum. Thanks for the info into the subs it's amazing how many models of reps there are for every model of gen and how fast they seem to improve.I'll keep on reading up and I'm sure sooner rather than later I'll hopefully be an owner of a sub from bk.

Thanks again for the info.