When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have you helped a Noob today? Noob question regarding PAM 360 and 359.

panermaniac

Hi all,

I have question... Would it be possible to switch the dial, hands, and movement from a 359 into the new 360 case?

I really want a PVD/DLC 359 but to get it I would have to spend $300+ on the coating... so I was thinking that for the same price I could have 2 beautiful watches.

Is it possible? I know that the 359 is about 18mm thick and the 360 is 17mm.

Please help

Thanks, iAn

Interesting question. One is an auto movement and the other is manual wind. I would imagine that accounts for the case thickness differences. I don't think anyone here has tried that yet, but the CG would definitely be wrong on the 360 for a 359. Also, the lug positions are definitely different (which wouldn't necessarily matter if you are just using a strap - only matter if you want to use a bracelet at some point).

Thanks redwatch for your input.

would the 1 mm thickness difference be a problem? would putting the view caseback from the 359 on the 360 case help? is that even possible?

and when you say the CG would be wrong are you talking about the lack of TM REG on the 360's? or is there something else?

the lugs aren't a problem as I always use straps..

or is there be a better PVD/DLC auto movement case that would be a better swap?

OR.... ha sorry... so many questions. I wouldn't be in this boat if I could find a nice SANDWICH dial PVD/DLC with a CG.. most of them are sausage or lack CG

Thanks again

Yes, exactly. The 359 has a very distinctive CG with the TM REG engraving on it (plus it is quite a bit fatter looking). I understand you not wanting to be out $300 on the coating, but you might find yourself with a 360 & a 359 and it not work. It's a bit of a risk I'd say and in the end, you won't necessarily get what you wanted in the first place. A DLC'd or PVD'd 359 would look pretty nice though ;)