When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

sanders custom build

alleyoop

hey

ive been reading about sanders customer super rep and im interested it maybe getting one. has any one bought one off him? how much is it and are there any photos around? what mods are done to it? i have a brand new rubberclad which id like to get modded. i've seen some of his work but no finished product, any pics or info would be great!

thanks

Sander has posted them in the AP section. As far as I know he did a couple for himself and friends but isn't doing it anymore. Also bear in mind the projects are expensive no matter who is doing it. The basic rep with movement, gen dial and work starts at $3.5k and if you add hands, crown, pushers, etc. that price will quickly swell fairly dramatically.

i really just want the date window position fixed and the crown position lowered, they're the only two things that really bother me and maybe fix the 12 sec problem with fixing the gears? is there any suggestions to who else could help me with these mods?

thanks mate

That's a big chuck of the cost. Date window position fixing requires a genuine dial, and a LWO 283 movement. The LWO 283 movement requires the crown position to be moved. These additions require costly case modifications which really add up. So once you get that far, IMO, just go ahead and get genuine hands. You can save a bit by staying with rep crown and pushers, but you're still looking at a major franken project in terms of cost.