When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

APbands.com / HKtan / or .....?

DD GT3 RD

emailed with HKtan and his strap is $269 and say it will take about 2 weeks to make.

APbands.com has their band in stock but is $349 (link below)

http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ROO-PARTCAPO-CHOCOLATE&Category_Code=ROO-HORN-ALL&Product_Count=4

I read twice on here that the band the Rep AP safari comes with is of poor quality so I thought to get something good. Do you guys recommend one of the above over the other?

I think it was mentioned somewhere in the AP forum that APband makes the best aftermarket. then HKTan. I've seen decent Donerix ones (avg $169?). assuming you're not willing to fork out the dough for OEM. Goodluck. Planning on picking up a Safari?

Rep Safari on the way. Should be here end of this week or beginning of next.

How much is an AP strap? assuming around $1000

I read somewhere, can't remember that a Gen strap is $1300.

I don't think you are right on the gen straps. I was at the AD (boutique) several weeks ago and asked . From memory I believe the prices were $3oo ish for leather, $400 ish for regular crocodile amd $500 ish for hornback. The deployant is what is very expensive so that may be how you heard $1300. Any AD is happy to order them for you if you walk in the door.

Allthough I do like Aarons straps....when it comes to accuracy and fit, you cannot beat APBands straps.

The fit-to-the-case is the most evident....Aarons straps have "rounded" ends for the case attachment....whereas APBands fit 100%.

I would sign-in for APbands newsletter and wait for their next SALE....you can at least save on shipping!

Theo