When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How hard is it to change the date wheel on an Aquaracer Chrono?

bcar473

I am in the process of ordering a couple watches from Mary, which one of them is a Aquaracer that she sent me quality control pics of. Unfortunately I am bothered by the font on the datewheel which doesnt match the font on the day. Its darker and more pronounced. When pulling the trigger to purchase and send her money, the datewheel was a much more accurate font.

This is the primary reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a Breitling as well as other brands. Since the datewheel draws my eye to it on every watch I wear or see, it will constantly bug me if the date is not the correct font.

Attached is a comparison of the authentic, the one from before purchase and what Mary is offering with the quality control pics.

post-8959-0-57508100-1319262721.jpg

post-8959-0-91795000-1319262733.jpg

post-8959-0-29406800-1319262789.jpg

Now I am not sure what to do when a seller is about to send an item and gives you quality control type pics? Can you decline it and ask for another copy?

I've gotten a few watches from Mary - and seen lots of QC pics posted on various forums for opinions etc. - I have found that with almost all of Marys QC pics the Dial Text/Date Fonts or the likes of the ROLEX rehaut engraving are always much bolder looking in the pics than they are when the watches arrive, either her camera is crap or she is doing something to the pics in photoshop messing up the sharpness or contrast or whatever - almost everything in your second pic from the bezel print to the minute markers look bolder/thicker - its to her own detriment because they are always better on delivery than in the photos.

Great dealer though, better service & quality than I have gotten from anyone else.

Edit: Don't kno what exactly which one is correct but the pearls in both pics are totally different & the endlinks in the first one appear to fit much better.

Edited by dublinlad