When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shopping In Shenzhen

Kaneda

Hi there guys, my friend is heading off to HK in a few weeks and he will be popping over into Shenzhen on a day visa. He's been over there before rep buying but hasn't really found anything better than your typical 100RMB asian auto rep..

I was wondering if you guys knew of particular markets or watch malls that I could direct him to that have the kind of quality reps that we are used to..

Panerai reps especially..

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance guys,

-Kaneda

Going on a holiday in HK in November and planned to pop over ShenZhen too! Any info on how to get good reps there would be appreciated!

I traveled China N to S and E to W for three weeks last year (second visit). Replicas everywhere, mostly crap, but also some decent. Anyway, I did not find any nearly as good as what the dealers on the forum provides.

The dealers has the best contacts and access to the hidden factories and buying in quantitis (over time) to have the best prices and most (all?) providing some sort of return/guarantee if things break up. I would have trusted the dealers to provide the most bang for bucks.

But, of course, it would have been interesting to do some shopping at the "hidden factories".

mums-mums

At the China side of the train station, there's a shopping center called Luo Hu Shopping Center. Just stay right after you exit immigration (assuming HK to China direction). Go up any escalators that will take you up a level. You can't miss it. It's like a 8+ story building. It's a counterfeit haven. DVDs, shoes, clothes, bags, and our beloved replicas. There are many many stores that sell replicas. Take your time. They will ask for RMB$1000+ for a ETA sub. You can definitely get it for around RMB$800 (US$100). Ask them to open the back and keep a close eye on the piece you want in case they switch it. Pay only when you're totally sure. The watches mostly come from GuangZhou, the replica capital of the world. It is about 1.5 hour north of ShenZhen by train. There is an astounding watch market at Train Station West in GuangZhou. A member told me it takes more than a day to roam. While in ShenZhen, pay a visit to a sauna. Luo Hu Shopping Center certainly has some good quality saunas. Get a 2, 3-hour massage for around US$30-50 (RMB$200-400), tip US$10-20 (RMB$80-160), the masseuse should be real happy. I personally prefer blind masseurs. They have incredible hands. If daring, try foot reflexology. It's best after a day of walking and looking for your favorite reps. PM me if you want to get kinky.

A note of caution to US travellers: don't bring back any counterfeit hollywood DVD. Each one found costs you US$10,000 at the customs. Some guy got fined $80,000 dollars. Not funny at all. I don't know about Canadian customs.

ShenZhen is an incredible, wild place. The women to men ratio is 7:1. It has some of the best clubs and most gorgeous people I've seen. I'm going back there in November.

At the China side of the train station, there's a shopping center called Luo Hu Shopping Center. Just stay right after you exit immigration (assuming HK to China direction). Go up any escalators that will take you up a level. You can't miss it. It's like a 8+ story building. It's a counterfeit haven. DVDs, shoes, clothes, bags, and our beloved replicas. There are many many stores that sell replicas. Take your time. They will ask for RMB$1000+ for a ETA sub. You can definitely get it for around RMB$800 (US$100). Ask them to open the back and keep a close eye on the piece you want in case they switch it. Pay only when you're totally sure. The watches mostly come from GuangZhou, the replica capital of the world. It is about 1.5 hour north of ShenZhen by train. There is an astounding watch market at Train Station West in GuangZhou. A member told me it takes more than a day to roam. While in ShenZhen, pay a visit to a sauna. Luo Hu Shopping Center certainly has some good quality saunas. Get a 2, 3-hour massage for around US$30-50 (RMB$200-400), tip US$10-20 (RMB$80-160), the masseuse should be real happy. I personally prefer blind masseurs. They have incredible hands. If daring, try foot reflexology. It's best after a day of walking and looking for your favorite reps. PM me if you want to get kinky.

A note of caution to US travellers: don't bring back any counterfeit hollywood DVD. Each one found costs you US$10,000 at the customs. Some guy got fined $80,000 dollars. Not funny at all. I don't know about Canadian customs.

ShenZhen is an incredible, wild place. The women to men ratio is 7:1. It has some of the best clubs and most gorgeous people I've seen. I'm going back there in November.

Are you working for a travel agency or what?

Damn I want to go there. Sadly I hate flying for more than 2-3 hours.

Thanks for the detailed info! I have been to Luo Hu Shopping Centre about 5 years ago and there were loads and loads of rep watches but mainly the cheap quality ones. How do you ask for the good quality ones with swiss movement? Their english aren't that good. Can you recommend any particular store(s)?

Someone informed me that the last few years the retailers have become more weary of the authorities and they only show the customers brochures/pics of the watches. They will only show the actual watches you have picked out from the brochure.

BTW How much does Panerais with ETA movement costs in general?