When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Back to the Nineties

StormTooper4

No comments because it is a faux power reserve. There are so many good and fully functional PAM's why waste time or money on this one. IMHO, faux functionality only belongs in a $50 Canal Street rep.

Wow harsh critic , I thought the case dial and mag and DW were very nice and given that its a A7750 movement a move forward for sure . Its shame about the PR so agree but having had a IWC BP with a faux on it really isnt a big issue but it would a nice to have .. Do you have one of the other versions?

Wow harsh critic , I thought the case dial and mag and DW were very nice and given that its a A7750 movement a move forward for sure . Its shame about the PR so agree but having had a IWC BP with a faux on it really isnt a big issue but it would a nice to have .. Do you have one of the other versions?

You may be right that I am being harsh. The PR function is not one that anyone will notice. Back when the first version PR came out with the hobnail dial I bought one and the button on the side drove me nuts. It is long gone. So I suppose a frozen hand with no button is an improvement. I purposely satisfied my PAM power reserve urge with 27's and 28's. However as you know they are much more expensive watches.due to the ETA 2892-A2 movement.

PAM is a relatively simple brand with many great reps at reasonable prices and with proper functionality. Or put differently if I were spending $300 for a PAM the last one I would buy is the one that doesn't work properly.

I think you are right there. Personally I think the PR position on the 27/28 is much better as it makes the dial more balanced to look at. These newer PR always look slightly odd do to the PR's position. Saying that in my early rep day I always hankered after the 123 destro PR version for some reason. I don't think it has minute indicators arround the side and looks a less fussy dial. This new 90 is basically just a 104 with a dial swap at the end of the day. I thought it might be due to the A7750 chrono underpinnings that prevented a work PR but the GEN probably has the same movement so it must be possible I guess.