When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

daytona 6263/6263 dial

gianluca68

Hello, i want to build my first daytona franken. I'm started this projet with a DW complete 6263/6265 case with black dial. I've bought a gen crown and and a gen tropic 21. I want to change the DW dial to, with something more near to gen. I want to know if this dial wuold be o good choise

http://jewelryandwatch.com/contents/en-us/image_viewer.html?lmd=40846.735417 What can you think?

To be honest, the DW dials are probably the best rep dials you can have for your money

All the rep dials have their "faults". On the Phong's dial, you must change the coronet of the dial, and I found the "Daytona" printing too bold.

And the price is very high, for a rep dial !

Does it worth the extra cost ? I think no :)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

To be honest, the DW dials are probably the best rep dials you can have for your money

All the rep dials have their "faults". On the Phong's dial, you must change the coronet of the dial, and I found the "Daytona" printing too bold.

Val m8, do you have a chanse to show us in a picture a (comparison) these pong dials and the dw dial? Im very intrested to see the diferance.

And the price is very high, for a rep dial !

Does it worth the extra cost ? I think no :)

I have no Phong dial in stock, but based on the website photos... :

6265%20wh-1.jpg

6263%20blk.jpg

You can obviously see there is a "big" problem with the coronet & the "Daytona" engraving :)

Side by side comparison :

### Sub-dials ###

- The DW sub-dials are too shiny. Better on Phong dial

- The DW sub-dials are too big. Perfect on Phong dial

- The DW "T SWISS T" engraving is bad, cause of the lack of free space. Better but not perfect on Phong dial

- The DW sub-dials engravings are not good on the minutes markers. Perfect on Phong dial

- The DW font on sub-dials is too bold on black dials. Anyways, the font used is not good on both DW and Phong

- The DW font on sub-dials is very good (crisp) on silver dials. Phong's one seems not so good (bolder). It's probably more difficult to print white on black.

### Dial markers around the dial ###

- The DW markers are a WAY too bold, seems better on Phong dial

- The DW markers are too short, seems better on Phong dial

### The ROC engraving ###

- Too high positioned on DW dial, better on Phong

- Too bold on Phong dial, I don't like it. Look at the "O" of "ROLEX", it's screams "fake"

- Both have a bad font used

### The DAYTONA engraving ###

- Looks very good on DW dials, and looks very poor ( a WAY too bold ) on Phong dials

- You can also notice the "T" on "DAYTONA" is leaning to the left... ;)

### The coronet ###

- Depending of the batch you have, you currently can have a very good crown on DW dials

- I have never seen a Phong dial with a good cononet

You can notice that photos on Phong site are not necessarily updated... Maybe he have new better dials ?

Phong dial will be very good without this ugly "DAYTONA" printing. Coronet is not a "big" problem, as you can change it for a gen coronet (from a cheap DJ dial, for example)

Anyways, rep dial will remain a rep dial... All the engravings are too bold, and the correct font is never used.

Keeping your money for a gen dial is probably the better choice after a cheap-and-not-so-bad 100 euros DW dial... :)

My 2 cents,

R.

Thanks Val m8 for bringing light to these dials :)

Realy nice of you to take your time :)

You're welcome, this is the passion mate :)

But the current info in only valid for the dials I've seen

For example, I've never seen a DW dial like the Arika's one before today...

The best is to "educate" your eyes and try to compare by yourself the different batches of different sellers :)

If you have an iPhone / iPod or better, an iPad, buy the "iDaytona" app. It's the book "Daytona, a legend is born", but for 10EUR only

Lots and lots of macro photos of dials... It's just perfect for comparison... and eyes education ;)

R.