When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My review of the Vacheron Constantin Overseas

fischyyy

Hey guys,

I've had this watch for about a month now and wanted to share my thoughts about it with you.

First some pics:

Dial:

img0027zgk.jpg

Strap:

img0023ao.jpg

Clasp:

img0024cr.jpg

Crown:

img0028nr.jpg

Back:

img0026im.jpg

Wristshot:

img0022sk.jpg

It's powered by an ETA calibre, the power reserve and accuracy are excellent. The watch does seem smaller than the 42mm diameter and can be worn as a sporty dress watch, though some people use it as their daily beater (I have my PO and my Aquaracer for that).

At 12 mm, it does fit under a dress shirt or suit, barely, but it's certainly not a replacement for a real ultra thin dress watch.

Overall quality of the rep is very good, and as there have been comparisons with the gen before, I'm just going to mention the two flaws which are most apparent to me and bother me (slightly).

1. The cross is too small and different than gen.

2. The wrong date wheel font

Other than these it is a beautiful rep and I especially love the way they managed to rep the bracelet which is one of the nicest designs I have ever seen.

The Vacheron Constantin name is pure understatement, which makes it easier to wear than a Rolex without causing envy or hate.

I can recommend this watch to any collection, if you want to extensively wear it you should maybe swap out the cross. I'm thinking of giving the rep to my father and actually buying a genuine Dual Time one next year.

Edited by fischyyy

It is a classic. Wear that one well. Many folks have done the cross transplant. In the big scheme of things though I would still feel comfortable wearing it. No one is going to notice that cross unless your watch is sitting next to a gen. Now if someone ever made a datewheel overlay that would be a worthwhile upgrade. Without it i find it hard to get excited about doing anything else to the watch.

I still have an old one sitting in pieces in my parts bin and it is the one with the cannons actually visible on the ship and I am still trying to figure out whether that is the better or worse version.