When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Seatimer

kanerich

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/item_info.ht..._id=911130&

Honpo's got it, so presumably our dealers will soon also.

Some of the details are a bit rough compared to the gen and the numeric fonts on the dial are inaccurate, but overall not bad at all IMO. Price it around $150 and I can see getting interested. Cartier's aren't really my cup of joe but hey, the collection needs rounding out. You know you're into reps when you think "hmm, don't really want this but it would add diversity to the collection." :lol:

White datewheel, though. the point of the post is that Ken has a new version with the Black datewheel

Sorry I meant to say Joshua can get this with black datewheel as well.

I've been having an ongoing email discussion with Joshua on this and he has been helpful to point out that the newest black version does indeed come with a black datewheel. They are apparently backordered from his supplier so it may be a while before he is listing them. He did say that he needs to update his pictures on this model to show the black date wheel. Sash also has indicated that there is a newer version. He is selling a white face Seatimer that has the correct stainless (non-rubberized) band. There is also a gen. version with black face and plain stainless band and a rep like this can also be supplied.

I have asked Josh to re-measure the new ones because there seems to be some confusion on case size. Josh and Andrew both list their current versions of the Seatimer as being 42mm by 10mm. They also have a plain bezel Pasha (which is the gen. Pasha XL version) listed as 42mm by 10mm. The gen. Seatimer is 40.5mm by 12mm. I was wondering if the earlier rep version just used the Pasha XL case and dressed it up like a Seatimer. I have asked some current owners to measure it up as well. Sash says that his latest version is indeed 40.5mm by 12mm, but he didn't indicate whether on his, the date wheel was black on the black face model.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a black face, black date wheel model that is the correct size. If you get the one with the rubber bracelet it should be an excellent 1:1 rep. I would want to get a plain stainless band for it too. Of course that wouldn't be as accurate as the gen. because the gens without the rubber bracelet do not have the black edge on the bezel. The white face versions look pretty good too, but even with the now correct bracelet, it has two flaws -- black edge on bezel instead of plain stainless and black cabochon instead of blue.

When our excellent and very helpful dealers post up this new black face model, I think it should be on everyone's list for an "out of the box" dead on replica (excepting of course the minor font problem with the numbers).

Cheers,

Stu

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/item_info.ht..._id=911130&

Honpo's got it, so presumably our dealers will soon also.

Some of the details are a bit rough compared to the gen and the numeric fonts on the dial are inaccurate, but overall not bad at all IMO. Price it around $150 and I can see getting interested. Cartier's aren't really my cup of joe but hey, the collection needs rounding out. You know you're into reps when you think "hmm, don't really want this but it would add diversity to the collection." :lol:

I think he should have answered the questions now :1a:

The honpo one is 40.5mm, they even show a calipers shot. So the size problem presumably is not.

The Seatimer does remind me why I can't take Cartier seriously as a horological company as opposed to a fashion house. A specialized diving watch that's 100m waterproof? :yuk: I realize this thing is not a real tool watch but would it have killed them to build in a little bit of functionality for $4,000? So fey.

As a follow up to my previous post on this thread, I'd like to report that Jay (Silix) now has the 40.5mm Seatimers with the black date wheel and stainless (non-rubberized) band. I think Jay's site may be the first of our reccomended dealers to show the new style. It threw me for a loop because it was initially posted as a 38mm watch. A quick email exchange later, and it is now correctly listed. Well almost correctly. It's called 40mm, but as the calipers show on the Honpo site, it's really 40.5mm, just like the genuine.

I am now officially buying one of these. At $150 it is an excellent deal on a very good replica.

no ar coating on it that i see , but i havent read the gen has it, have u? but i can tell u i have been wearing since i modded it and feel really confident while wearing it , hope this helps

joe

I have added some pics of all current genuine versions here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=14391

BTW: Another fault on the white dial version (rep) is the color of the hands. Gen are black , rep are silver.

Better go with black dial and black date wheel.

Hey, nice catch! I've been staring at these pictures for a while and didn't even notice the silver hands on the white face rep. I've ordered the black face one and now I'm even more glad that I made that choice.