When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Fa Jones Review

Marv1n

Anyone have one?

I've long lusted after this watch and am considering the Jones with decorated movement to add to the IWC Ingy I'm about to order but wanted to solicit some feedback before I jump.

Thanks in advance!

Just got mine yesterday. Rose gold and asian decorated movement.

First impressions: I'm glad I went with the gold because of the gold hands and dial numbers avioding any of the 'blue hand chipping" problems associated with the stainless models but I am worried about the plating. I intend to wear the watch once a week so I'll probably get a few years out of it but I have already talked to artisanplating.com about replating and maintainance. They told me a paste of "Barkeepers Friend" gently wiped on every now and then will do wonders to recharge the gold tone. Something to do with the interaction of the copper in the RG with the acid in the product. Plating to 5mls would run about $125. Plating to a thick 20 mls would run about $300. The asian decorated movement gained 3 seconds in the first 24h so I'm happy with the accuracy out of the box. It is a little cheap sounding when wound but, who's gonna know? The croc grained strap is low quality. Overall, about a 7.5 out of 10 with the decoration of the movement accounting for most of that high rating. Accuracy to the original is pretty good, especially on the movement decoration but any one familiar with the genuine movement will question the replica.

Just got mine yesterday. Rose gold and asian decorated movement.

First impressions: I'm glad I went with the gold because of the gold hands and dial numbers avioding any of the 'blue hand chipping" problems associated with the stainless models but I am worried about the plating. I intend to wear the watch once a week so I'll probably get a few years out of it but I have already talked to artisanplating.com about replating and maintainance. They told me a paste of "Barkeepers Friend" gently wiped on every now and then will do wonders to recharge the gold tone. Something to do with the interaction of the copper in the RG with the acid in the product. Plating to 5mls would run about $125. Plating to a thick 20 mls would run about $300. The asian decorated movement gained 3 seconds in the first 24h so I'm happy with the accuracy out of the box. It is a little cheap sounding when wound but, who's gonna know? The croc grained strap is low quality. Overall, about a 7.5 out of 10 with the decoration of the movement accounting for most of that high rating. Accuracy to the original is pretty good, especially on the movement decoration but any one familiar with the genuine movement will question the replica.

Outstanding - thanks for the review. Guess I need to grab another strap as well (the wife will be thrilled).

Outstanding - thanks for the review. Guess I need to grab another strap as well (the wife will be thrilled).

I'm currently looking for one. Here's a link to the best ones I've found so far.

http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/it.A/id...p;category=1023

and

http://www.watchband.biz/pd1924994217.htm?...mp;categoryId=0