When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need some advices to buy a FM

Joaopac

Hi

I'm looking for a Franck Muller. So I would like to have some advices from members who already bought one in the past, like which dealer they bought from, etc. I prefer a dealer inside EU in order to avoid custom problems. Please give me some hints

Thanks

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/140316-my-2nd-fm-tourby-arrived/page__fromsearch__1 here is the new tourby of theflyingdutchman.. dont get mutch better than that... and do a search here on different models... the crazyhour colordreams were fun and great value for money when it came... dont know if its still available... some dealers offers "EU-re-route" stick with the trusted dealers on this forum.

Last year I built a Franken Muller for a friend; started with a not-so-accurate rep and added the following:

-Gen dial (relumed by Zigmeister)

-Gen 2892

-Gen crown and tube

-Nice ostrich strap

Turned out quite nice; this seems to be a daily wearer for my friend as it's all I ever see on her wrist ^_^

Started here... Gen dial with dirty markers, badly in need of a relume:

IMG_8877.jpg

Quick test fit in case; notice the huge rep crown:

IMG_8885.jpg

2892:

IMG_8977.jpg

Gen crown and tube:

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

All finished up:

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

So, if you can't find a decent out of the box FM to simply wear, there are other options. A bit more expensive, but not terribly so. Certainly less than buying the gen...

That's a good option, but I dont know how to mount a watches lol

It's too bad that I can't find a decent FM replica for at least 300 US dollars. I only give, at maximum, 270 US dollars. Maybe I can negotiate the price with some dealers.

Edited by Joaopac