When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi

grejyedi

Hi

Just joined. found the forum via Google for an Explorer I rep.

Not really a collector as have had a series of Swiss watches for 30 years.

The one thing i can say is that they all had the faults, the Baume and mercier stopped after six months, the Ulysse Nardin stopped three times in 18 months before i got my money back, and the bezel fell off my gen (bought at Geneva airport) Rolex TT Submariner, so don't believe in Swiss reliability.

Found the Rolex AD extremely snooty because there were some scratches on the watch (just from computer work, not fighting sharks)

What i discovered with the Rolex is that the only people who commented on it all asked was it a fake and then looked at the second hand to see if it was going smoothly!

Started collecting Christopher Ward watches but three of those went back because they weren't working.

Through the Christoper Ward forum I found out about Parnis and got a sterile GMT II rep.

Been really happy with it and it is my beater but now want to move into something more realistic.

Read the review of A Pictorial Review - Rolex Explorer 214270 and have just ordered it.