When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2824 swap info needed upo 45

the_rymeister

Hi guys as some of you may know I've had some issues with my movement in my upo 45. Mainly keyless works issues . Well the problem keeps on accruing so I'm going to get a gen Swiss eta movement and swap it then take my old one apart. (Not omega gen) as this is a different movement I think.

if I was to buy a watch from say eBay which had a Swiss eta 2824 movement would this be a straight swap with clone movement into the upo. Ie would dial fit without modding, would rep and gen hands fit From upo, eta date wheel fit, and movement holders ect? sm I right in saying every 2824 movement is the same size no matter what watch it is in. I have found a couple that are gold plated, is this any better or purely for looks?

I've found a couple of Swiss 0346 eta cal.2824 watches with date at 6 o'clock, are these the same as the 2824 with date at 3? Is there anything I would need to get to modify the date from 6 to 3?

Cheers in advance for information.

Ry

Hi Ryaku

it has a Swiss 2824 clone which it had new when I bought it. So a Swiss eta non clone from any gen watch will fit? I'm guessing it will.

I've found a few tissot watches with Swiss eta 2824 cheap so I'll probably grab one of those cheap as its gonna start getting costly if I buy a new movement for £150. As I've only had the watch a couple of weeks and have only worn it out a couple of times.:(

Rymeister, clone Eta is fully compatible with gen ETA. :)

150GBP is crazy unless It's a branded movement and this is not the case.

I'd consider a Sellita 2824, they say very good things about these movements. Unfortunately I have no idea where to buy Sellita's for reasonable prices.

I started a thread days ago but nobody seems to have any tip or suggestion.

Hi guys I'll have to have a look into the Sellita movements, I thought the movement on cousins website was gen 2824 movement? Am i right in saying The a2824 is the clone from reps?

Last time I looked on cousins the Sellita movements were not available but they do sell gen ETA and Chinese 2824s, I think about £80 inc. vat for the Chinese. Search under movement size (25.6mm for the 2824).

I would check first that the hand pin sizes are the same.