When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP bracelet fitting problem :-(

Hi mates,

I have a great problem wearing my AP Panda and Blackthemes on the steelbracelet.

I have to remove almost all links to fit the watch, only one link is left .... but now it is a little bit too tight and uncomfortable but when i put another link on the bracelet it is too loose !

... wtf can i do to solve that problem ! Any ideas ... need your help guys !!!

Best regards

Bart

AP ROO's and other AP's are known for not having a half link to allow a better fit. As such, you either luck out and it fits or you have a too tight or too loose heavy watch. On one of the genuine forums, I read that AP sells a (1/2) half link to get a better fit but it has to be bought as an aftermarket custom order from a dealer and the watch serial number must be provided (unless the AD forgets to ask).

I have a small wrist and I have the same problem - either too tight or too loose on the bracelet (very annoying), Not a solution l prefer but one way I have dealt with it is too have the link in that makes it too loose and then use Dr. Scholl's moleskin (which comes with a sticky side) and put that on the case back. Moleskin is thicker but has some compression so it works. Unfortunately you can't hand the watch to someone to look at because of the moleskin but it does work and allows you to wear the watch comfortably.

AP needs to go a long way on getting better fit with their bracelet watches (like including a half link) and making strap changes easier (they are a pain in the a**) right now to change straps on.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

AP ROO's and other AP's are known for not having a half link to allow a better fit. As such, you either luck out and it fits or you have a too tight or too loose heavy watch. On one of the genuine forums, I read that AP sells a (1/2) half link to get a better fit but it has to be bought as an aftermarket custom order from a dealer and the watch serial number must be provided (unless the AD forgets to ask).

I have a small wrist and I have the same problem - either too tight or too loose on the bracelet (very annoying), Not a solution l prefer but one way I have dealt with it is too have the link in that makes it too loose and then use Dr. Scholl's moleskin (which comes with a sticky side) and put that on the case back. Moleskin is thicker but has some compression so it works. Unfortunately you can't hand the watch to someone to look at because of the moleskin but it does work and allows you to wear the watch comfortably.

AP needs to go a long way on getting better fit with their bracelet watches (like including a half link) and making strap changes easier (they are a pain in the a**) right now to change straps on.

TimeShare

Thanks mate,

so i am not the only one in the universe with that issue !

I am wearing my blackthemes and the panda tight ... in winter thats okay but when summer comes and it is getting warmer i will have problems :-(

Very simple. I always go loose on a bracelet. A half link isn't really the answer. And yes Ap makes them but you need a gen bracelet to fit the gen link. Just remember your wrist can swell and shrink by more than a half a link depending on health, weather, etc. If you need a perfect size you go with a strap or you stick to rolex with that wonderful microadjuster. My 2 cents but it is coming from someone with both rep and gen AP's. ;)