When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please advise me on all-gold midsize Rolex

Vuggy

Hi, I'm looking for an inexpensive all-yellow-gold Rolex under 40mm, such as a DayDate, DateJust, Oyster, etc.

I've narrowed it down to these two Day-Dates... which would you get (don't say neither ;) )?

38mm with Sapphire crystal, 21J - $88

http://www.timesshop.net/10049-ro4850-rolex-day-date-full-yg-gold-dial-asian-21j-automatic.html

or

36mm with Mineral crystal, 21J - $108

http://www.watcheden.net/rolex-day-date-automatic-full-gold-with-golden-dial-i-15183-p-1.html

Is the second one worth $20 more, even with the inferior crystal? If I recall the 36mm is the more accurate size than the 38mm, or is that wrong? I like the white background of the day & date on the second one more than the yellowish background of the first one -- is either one more accurate?

Thanks very much! I have two subs from timesshop but need an all-gold cheap Rolex asap.

I'd almost bet that they are the same size case and TS has it wrong in his ad. I'd also almost bet that they are both mineral crystal at that price. I'd personally buy from TS as they have a somewhat better reputation than WE.

Since you're looking for a $20,000 solid gold Rolex at the lowest price point, I doubt if it matters which one. Whichever one you like the most. They'll both have the same 21j movement.