When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinion on DSSD PVD wanted. (joshua)

totalwise

Ive had my eye on this watch for a long time. Looks so nice

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlsdph00088-hunter-deep-black-asian-3135-p-8062.html [click the link twice, first time will forward you to homepage, 2nd time will direct you to intended page]

I noticed that a lot of people love the ss dssd, but nobody seems to go for the pvd option.

What are your thoughts between the rolex clone movment and the eta, hands down i will always go for eta, but is the eta movements from deailers even legitimate? If you werent concerned about replicating the internal parts of the watch which movement would you go with?

Is the pvd watch as accurate a rep as the ssd? How does the PVD last after a few years? i dont mind some of the sharp eges revealing the ss metal, it migght even add character to thewatch, what i don't want is the pvd coming off with the slightest rub against another hard surface.

Lastly is this watch here the same as this but one just has a pvd bracet on and the other has a nato strap? The pictures make the watch look very different, i intended to get the bracelet, but am i right in thinking that the bracelet will end up looking aweful after a few years, especially the clasp?

Whilst I am not a DSSD expert and cannot say anything about the case construction itself, I was under the impression that there was no 1:1 DSSD rep, they all have flaws, especially the new Ultimate Superlumed which came out recently.

As for the PVD, you should be fine, but the clasp and parts of the band will be really scratched, maybe a NATO strap is an option, the case should be fine, it rarely scratches. Maybe someone who recently bought a PVD/DLC rep watch could chime in on the long-term quality because I'm looking to buy a Pro Hunter Explorer soon and am curious about the coating as well.

There is a debate going on about the quality of these Rolex Clone Movements, some say they are quite good, but without longterm experience with these movements, if you want to be on the safe side, choose the ETA.

Another idea for the bracelet is the Black rubber strap with rolex clasp Andrew got a few days ago, it has a black clasp and would go nicely with the watch, you could switch between it and the SS band.