When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought gen goodies for TW! Questions asked

irolexu

So a good friend of mine got me some gen parts for my TW which was a crystal and insert. The pearl is perfect on it but it does not glow!!! Wtf!?! Has flat top 4 and the crystal had a s micro etched in the crowns base and it's dotted is this normal? Thanks guys! Also got gen crown and tube off the bay :)

Congrats.

Good score. To me the "S"ervice crystal adds a bit of character to the watch (not that it can be seen without a loupe).

I also prefer the Flat 4 insert and sent BK one to install on mine. (though mine is luminova and glows)

You're really gonna like the look of the TW with the gen crystal, insert, crown and tube.

If pbdad is too busy, perhaps try "rsh" or darthAlex"..they're both very good at that sort of thing.

I lucked out and found a few OEM non-service crystals and dropped one of them in the TW.

(aside from the LEC, the TW ctystal looks really good...but of course there's nothing like the gen.)

The gen crown and tube look great too. ENJOY.

Thanks bud! I really appreciate you trying to help me out earlier. I'm super excited to have finally got all this in the works minus this little bump. I hear for luming vac is the best? And I thought gen crystals didn't have dotted crowns rather straight solid etches? I am learning as I go when it comes to all these parts! Also I added a Clark's click spring to the watch so let's hope it gives me a nicer gen like rotation! Only thing I have left to do is get my Franken 93250 some spa time. I want it rebrushed and the edges softened so it's not so sharp. Noob bracelet with TW clasp assembly and TW end links! Looks really nice. Btw I'll have a lot of TW Parts if anyone needs anything

Well, I certainly tried. He won't be "back in business" (parts-wise) for another 45 days or so but was able to point me to yet another supplier.

The LEC on gen crystals are indeed laser etched "dots". The OEM originals will have an empty head hole, whereas the Service crystals will have the sideways "S" in the head hole.

Same crystal, just Rolexs' way of doing things.

Look forward to seeing pics of the Franken.

As for the spring from Gary...I've always found it to have a tighter feel to it.

While the Noob offers a hollow center link bracelet, I must say I don't mind the solid center of the TW. I like the feel of the little added weight.

Enjoy it, Brother...and do keep us posted.