When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot BBK Ocean 4000m Diver PVD

duvaz

Hi guys !

First off i am really glad that i have found this forum amount of knowledge and experience shared here is amazing. But currently I am facing this issue.... I am about to order my first Rep Hublot Diver. I have read about the lite and regular version and is find with just single AR coat, but what is stopping me from my first purchase is the post about the Water Proofing. I saw the pictures of the vapoured watch and that seriously killed the urge of having to want one.

So I would really appreciate it if any experienced Hublot fanatic can step out and confirm that the WP issue is a one time event and that it does not happen all the time ? I would really be even better if an owner of the exact model of the said watch (link below) give some reviews about it.

Thanks in advance !

http://www.1-pc8838.com/hbd10124-lite-diver-4000m-pvdru-blackblue-asian-7750-p-11255.html

Oh and also is it me or is the black PVD kinda greyish, visited other recommended dealer sites and the watches are shown in real black. Is it because its lite so the PVD coating is lite as well ? Please advice, any help, comments, reviews or even pictures are greatly appreciated .

Thank you once again and have a nice day ( Pardon my long-winded post)

• 1 month later...

I'm in for one of the new version. I tried to talk myself into being patient and waiting for other members to review but just couldn't do it I'll keep my fingers crossed that the factories got it right this time. And waterproof until 100m? I'll be all set for summer :)

Thanks Vandal for pointing this watch out to me.

The previous version was supposed to be waterproof up to 30m but there is a thread stating otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

The watch was not waterproof because a gasket was missing, not because the design is bad. Did you read the post?

The watch was not waterproof because a gasket was missing, not because the design is bad. Did you read the post?

Yes, I did read the post. Here it is for others that want to read it too - http://www.rwg.cc/topic/139189-updated-king-power-diver-4000m-48mm-a-big-disappointment/

If I purchase a watch with a claim that it is waterproof I wouldn't expect to have to check whether a gasket is missing. And in all honesty I don't even know where or what the gasket is.

What I'm going to do with my watch is to have it pressure tested before using it in the water.