When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Seal & Newbie!

11_steve

Hi all, I wonder if you could lend your advice, I've been reading through the forum but would still appreciate any tips :)

So I'm a big MM fan and would like a change to have narrowed down to the PAM 292 Black Seal.

I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going to buy from given their rep here, but maybe you could cast some light on to whether this is a good choice -

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=7632

PVD I like, but this isn't Noob or H factory (or am I wrong). Anything stand out from this one which is the second choice:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=8746

:)

I would not advice buying any Black Seal model with that screw down crown or any rep with a screw down crown for that matter. Because the quality of the materials used to make the threads on those crown is pretty horrible and they wear out completely quite quickly. They use some low great soft metal, whatever it is. If you are planning this to be your daily use watch then you'd have to unscrew and then screw in the crown once every 2 days. Even if you are super careful and do it really slowly, really pay attention to it, it won't last super long. Since the price is not super high and if you are ok with knowing that watch will endup in the trash within a year and a half maybe longer if you are lucky, but it also could be less then a year.

I speak from experience. I was insanely carful about my crown, but could not make it last nearly as long as I hoped. I still managed to keep it working for quite a while cause BS was not my daily wearer.

Also your two selections are not Noob factory if I'm correct. And honestly, looking at the quality and accuracy of the reps today (and I have been buying them since very early 2005) I would not buy anything other then made by the Noob, but that just me :-)

Hope that helps.

Edited by lfovco