When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

puretime's watch services

chendawei

I would highly recommend Not having the dealer service your watch.. You will not get what your watch really needs!

Get your watch and we can guide to one of the approved watch makers.

This way the watch will be serviced properly.. Soooo, don't let the dealers touch your watch service wise. We

are just trying to look out for you.. ;)

Cheers Mate,

MM

Just to add, the term service can refer to a true break down of an entire movement with reassembly and proper lubrication. But it also can refer to a simple "dip and swish" where the person simply dips the entire movement into a vat of lubricant (okay, I am simplifying a little). You will never know what you are getting. And I am not convinced the dealers even know as they are not doing the servicing. By using someone with a reputation you are getting someone who wants to keep it. I also think that even if the dealers are making sure watches are properly serviced you are still better off getting it serviced after it has been shipped as you never know what it has been through along the way.

Just to add, the term service can refer to a true break down of an entire movement with reassembly and proper lubrication. But it also can refer to a simple "dip and swish" where the person simply dips the entire movement into a vat of lubricant (okay, I am simplifying a little). You will never know what you are getting. And I am not convinced the dealers even know as they are not doing the servicing. By using someone with a reputation you are getting someone who wants to keep it. I also think that even if the dealers are making sure watches are properly serviced you are still better off getting it serviced after it has been shipped as you never know what it has been through along the way.

Many thanks!