When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who sells the Best 1:1 PVD Pam

Pam-O-licious

that's true. And if you bump into someone who knows Panerai then you're screwed because either they'll assume immediately it's a FAKO and turn the other way or they'll be excited and they'll go ahead and ask more. Oh is that the XXXX super limited edition? Where did you get it from? How much? WOW! Can I touch it?...What do you do? Oh, you work at Subway. (I'm not saying you or anyone works at Subway but you get the idea).

So sticking to the cheaper and more common watches I think is a better policy.

Yeah, any of the Pre-V models are absurdly expensive. Are you looking for that model specifically or any PVD'd Panerai? The best PVD model out of the box at the moment is probably the 360.

The 360, of course, is a super-publicized limited edition. However, if you want a black Panerai that's not limited and quite good right out of the box, the 292 is the way to go (even though it's a Radiomir.)

If you want a good 203/A, it can be done, but it's a project. Depending on how close you want to get, DSN's model is 90% there with little more than a dial swap.

Edited by atomic_doug

Yea, I just don't want it to be so rare that even "if" I had the real one people would assume it was fake anyway lol

Thanks for the input atomic_doug - I have a Radiomir 288k so I want to stick to the 44mm case. I did see the Pam 363 which is really rare also but, man it looks Great! just can't seem to find who sells it.

Was also looking at the DSN 195 logo, that one seems more realistic just would like to know if the cannon pin, crown and CG are up to par among the other marks, dial, etc..

Hmm...in that case, I think your best bet would be the 26K. (I can't believe I forgot about that one before.) It was a limited edition, but not an absurdly expensive one. It's got a closed caseback, too so you can't be called out on the movement. It's even got the right magnet gray shade of coating. I've personally held both the gen and the rep and I can assure you that if I wasn't told that one was a rep, I'd have assumed both were gen. (Naturally, once you start really looking, you can always find flaws.)

But...it's a lefty watch.

Panerai has, unfortunately, not made just a normal PVD coated watch since the days of the PAM4 or PAM9, and there are few really good reps of those, though there are projects.

I'm not big on DSN's pre-built watches. He's great for parts, don't get me wrong, or if you're putting together an old-style build. However, the quality control is not like it used to be. Say a Noob-factory PAM111 is 90% there, I don't think any DSN cracks 80%. They generally require a good amount of finishing work.

Another problem with the 195 is that it's a ridiculously special edition. (It pre-dated the 360 but was a similar Paneristi-only watch.) There were only 200 made, you had to be on a list to get one, and each one is engraved with the owner's name. If I remember correctly, a thread on Paneristi a few years ago estimated that only ten or so had been sold by their original owners.

A lot of gen PAM005 owners ape the style of the 195 by having one coated. If you got a Noob 005 and had the case coated (and installed a high beat unitas), it would be nearly indistinguishable from gen under all conditions save for very close inspection by someone who has a gen next to it. (That's what I would do.)

Additionally, a gen 005 can be had for less than 5k, so it's not inconceivable that a person would own/wear one.