When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 6152-1

John Paul

Just got my Davidsen 6152-1 yesterday (Saturday). Apparently it was sent last Sunday my time. It took seven days in total. I can't say enough good things about this watch. I like it better than my gen RXW in many ways. In fact, I promptly took my Germano natural calfskin strap off my RXW and put it on my Davidsen. The crown guard latch is much more secure on my Davidsen than on my gen RXW. Very solid indeed. The nicely aged luminous, serial number & model number engravings, crown guard engraving (BREV. ITAL. 2), and high plexiglas all add to the vintage look of the watch. The buckle with the engraved "GPF-Mod Dep" is a nice added touch. There are always things that can be done to make it more accurate, such as a pitched cut to the top inside portion of the crown guard, however to me such quibbles are small things and do not detract from the overall look of the watch. A file propperly applied can fix it if you care to. I'll leave mine as is for now. Bravo Davidsen, it's an awesome piece of history re-created that I can wear on my wrist every day, and I intend to.

JP