When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM225 Slytech (white dial 1000M sub 47mm) Modified /new pearl!

Smab

Hello everybody, and happy Tuesday.

I have been having this mod in mind for a long time, but only recently did I have the necessary tools and parts to make it happen.

This was also one of my earliest reps, I think the second one (first was SFSO socalled superrep). This is one chuncky piece of steel. Even if the gen is Ti, it still makes an impressive presence on the wrist, and since the GEN is a 300 pcs worldwide item, chance is small someone will spot it, even it it is the wrong metal. But there are so many other flaws. I focused on the easiest one to try fix:

For those of you familliar with this rep, you all know the pearl is the biggest crap (why do they never attempt to make a decent pearl on the reps, seems the easiest thing?).

Only recently, the new breed of reps seems to have pearls similar to gen or at least looking somewhat similar.

To accomplish this, I used the PAM225, a wrecked 21J "Yachtmeister" and some watchtools, some transparent tape, and some superglue. The new pearl is actually the hour marker from the dial of the "Yachtmeister", just by coincidence it fit like a hand in a glowe in the "tube" of the old pearl. The old pearl was really nothing more than some lume in a hole, covered by a misaligned small glass crystal. I wrecket it with a tool, covered by tape, so there would not be small pieces of glass left all over. In the empty hole, I put the hour marker.

This is what it used to look like and then is the result in the next pictures. Hope you enjoy, and remember, this is my first mod ever, so I understand if someone thinks it looks like amateur work, but are we not all amateurs, if we are not educated watchmakers, making it a living?

Foto0973.jpg

Foto1874.jpg

Foto1878.jpg

Foto1879.jpg

Foto1882.jpg

Foto1885.jpgFoto1877.jpg

Foto1889.jpgFoto1897.jpgFoto1898.jpgFoto1895.jpg

Good evening here from the high North. A new mod is coming up. I was bored this afternoon, took an old belt, and made me self a new strap.

Pics will follow...

Update: pics of my first time ever selfmade strap. I used an old leather belt, so the strap is as thick as a belt - I used a carpet knife, and another strap as stencil for this one.

I used about 1 hour 30 minutes from I found the materials, until it was finished.

It ain't exactly pretty, nor exactly nice, but it is a unique piece, and since it is customized for my wrist, it has only one hole for the buckle :)

I will consider to work more on it later, but here is the raw, uncut edition ("directors cut") - hope you enjoy these amateur pics - it is only with my cellphone.

And, remember, I am not at all a handyman, so beeing able to make this my self, I consider a great challenge, and reaching a milestone in this hobby.

It is maybe not good, but it can only get better from here B)

Foto1908.jpgFoto1904.jpgFoto1905.jpgFoto1902.jpgFoto1906.jpgFoto1907.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

It looks good :)

I like It better with the leather then with ss, i think leather or rubber is the way to go!

But that leather strap looks realy good, should be perfect when its all done mate.