When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Initial Impressions of my 42mm White Explorer II from Andrew

TmeShare

I received today my Rolex White dial Explorer II 42mm from Andrew. Mine is the actual model Andrew posted the QC pictures of at:

http://imgur.com/a/Yv1Jm (I knowe this is my watch buy the numbers on the label) OR go to the watch on Andrew's site and the QC pictures are on the bottom.

Intitial Impressions:

The watch looks and feels like the OEM that I handled at an AD. No sharp edges and sizing the bracelet was easy with the screw links. The white version seems smaller than the Black Dial 42 mm Explorer II that I bought from Andrew a while back (Swiss ETA but small crown and wrong bezel number font).

The GMT hand color and the "Explorer II" color of orange are slightly off as was speculated but not too much that it would be noticeable to the untrained eye.

I was suprised to see the spring bars slightly bent to fit the bracelet to the case. I have DSSD models with very good spring bars that are straight and snap right in. Normally bent spring bars are the sign of a lower quality replica. I read on a few rep sites that the bracelet end links did not seem fit flush with the case. On mine they are flush and match the case perfectly (despite the bent sping bars on the underside to fit the end links to the case).

The blue lume on the dial is very well done and the watch glows a blue color that is very strong. How long it lasts has yet to be checked. from the side profile the crystal is slightly raised over the bezel, again not sure if it is also true of the OEM watch.

The brushed case and bracelet is very well done. The only item is the crown on the clasp seems very bright and glossy compared to the brushed bracelet. Not sure if this is true of the OEM.

Overall, I am very happy with the watch and the quality. After CNY I will probably buy the Black dial version when it is available.

Daylights

P.S. I know the post is useless without pictures but as I mentionend at the beginning the QC pictures on Andrews site are of my actual watch.

YKirt.jpg

That looks really nice and is very tempting , its just a bit too much $$ right now but its on my todo list for sure .

Do you think its is worth the difference on the previous version ?

Have you had the back of and seen what the movement holder is made of yet ?

we do need a wrist shot though so.....

getwatchout.jpg

The bezel numerals bother me - they should be closer to the crystal.

Other than that it looks good.

The first version of this watch with numbers on the bezel that were much larger than the real thing I actually prefer.

In answer to the question about the movement, no I have not taken the back off to check the movement. The smooth sweeping of the second hand apepars to be an ETA and Andrew and his people have always been good at making sure I get what I ordered (movement, etc).

Daylights

• 1 year later...

YKirt.jpg

That looks really nice and is very tempting , its just a bit too much $$ right now but its on my todo list for sure .

Do you think its is worth the difference on the previous version ?

Have you had the back of and seen what the movement holder is made of yet ?

we do need a wrist shot though so.....

getwatchout.jpg

My one arrives next week so would be happy to put it in the post for you to try out for a few days.

D.