When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 111 M Crown moves

sub1

This may be a dumb question but I just received the Noob 111 M and when the Crown guard lever is closed the crown will still move and wind the movement. Is this the way the rep is supposed to be? Does the 111 Gen crown aslo do the same?

Thanks.

Yes, even in the Gen you can still wind it, although it would require more force of course. Panerai actually measures how hard the lever crown presses the crown and it's the same for all the models, there is a number that I cannot remember. The replicas are usually far from that and the lever does not press the crown as hard as the Genuine ones. It also different from rep to rep some are better some are not, it's pretty much a lottery.

Edited by lfovco

The crown on a gen rotates while the crown guard is down BUT the manufacturer in their manual recommends that you don't it. Trying to rotate it while the CG is down will accelerate the wear on the watch due to increased prssure on the seals and the center of the crown. But I guess what you asked is if it's normal. Yes it is. Going one step further, try NOT to do it.