When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trip to Local Rolex AD today

OldCorvette

I visited one of the authorized Rolex AD's in my area today. Very nice experience, I really frown on the pretentious high brow bs some of the sales people feel they need to engage in at Jewelers/AD's so this store was right up my alley.

Salesman was a young man in his mid to early 20's... kept it friendly,informative, and stuck to the meat and potatoes about the watches. He didn't hype or oversell and didn't try to pinch me into a commitment.. followed my lead and showed me most of the Sports Range they had in the store.

I tried on a Deep Sea

I tried on a Ceramic Sub

i tried on a 39mm Explorer I

I tried on a No Date 14060M sub ( I was surprised how small it looked)

Best surprise was the numbers on the Explorer I 39mm.. I liked the previous version Explorer I which had white luminous on the numerals but was a skosh smaller at 37mm.

From pics of the 39mm I was afraid the numerals would be too big and pronounced for my taste.. But that was not the case.. the numbers blended very well with the rest of the watch and gave it a balanced classic look. The dial was not really jet black .. more of a faded black or grey tint. Very positive impression on the 39mm Explorer I.

Deep Sea was another hit though I'd have liked it to be 45-47mm.. I like the Big Chunky Monkeys. The Ring Lock which seems so prominent in alot of pictures was hardley noticeable at a distance from my eye to my wrist.. subdued, not a prominent gaudy feature and I was happy with the styling. Great Watch.

Ceramic was great.. alot of value there. Had a larger presense than it's 40mm diameter would imply.. Impressive rock solid watch.

14060m/No Date sub.. I was disappointed to be honest, I thought the non date feature might make it seem larger but it seemed very small in comparison to it's

ceramic brother.

I had no intention of buying so I kept the visit brief out of courtesy ... Whole visit was maybe 10 minutes. I tossed out enough product info during our visit that the guy knew I had a grasp on the product line- I think he enjoyed talking to someone who knew the watches. After looking at the models he had on display I spoke with him about my Old 1958 vintage Gen Oyster and then made my exit. Very nice time.

Interesting deal with this store.. Rolex was the only watch brand they carried.. and it was their main business. A splash of jewelry- everything else was Rolex.

Cheers.. Kyle