When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona (black dial) and Sub (black dial) questions

rufr

Hello,

Any help on the following questions that I have - greatly appreciated.

-. For the sub rep between asian 21j ($140) and swiss eta ($300) is it worth to get the swiss eta?

Also, do both have the same smooth second hand movt per Gen. And it looks like the sub has excellent rep details compared to gen.

-. For the Daytona, is it worth to get the rep now ir should I wait for the better version. What is the opinion on the quality of the current Daytona rep.

-. Between Trusty and http://perfect-clones.org, do they sell same quality sub and daytona from the same manufacturer? Which store is more reliable on the quality of the watches as I notice 1 store is about $20 more for the same specs.

BKTW is over my range since it starts in the high 600 range...

If you know other reputable sellers, please advise. Feel free to pm me or reply to this ad,

Thank you.

No offense, but you have lots of reading to do. :)

As to your first question, though, the Swiss is usually always better IMHO because it is easily serviced. Usually, the Swiss will have a smoother sweep, as well (being a higher beat).

Are you looking at a newer or older Daytona? Nothing wrong with the vintage ones as far as movement is concerned. However, the newer leave a lot to be desired.

One last piece of advice: Save what you would spend on your entry level Sub and put it towards a BK, if that is what looks the nicest to you. I blew about $500 on my first order - all A21js, and regretted it ever since. I realized that only higher end stuff would please me, and I never wear the A21js any more. :(

Personally, I've been really enjoying my 21J Noobmariner. It cost $65 shipped to the US. I wanted to get my feet wet at the low end of the spectrum.

As mentioned, the better movements get you a smoother sweep. Is it worth it to you? The other issue to think about is that once you have a sub on your wrist you and pretty much nobody else will see the small details people talk about on the forums. On my sub the rehaut rengraving isn't correct, the pearl material sits lop-sided in it's housing, and the Rolex crown etched on to the crystal doesn't line up exactly with the six marker but you can't see anything of those details without a magnifying glass. (see attached magnifying glass shot). Do you see any of that in the small pic?

post-9640-0-74119400-1328576425.jpg

post-9640-0-30466600-1328576217.jpg