When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best out the box vintage seadweller

cooler

Recently bought a 42'' Omega Orange bezel PO from Josh's site great service and watch , however I'm now hooked on these rep watches and am impressed at quality and finish and am now looking for a vintage seadweller and would appreciate some guidance, basically which vintage seadweller is best without mods. Looking to spend around $200.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

There are no great vintage sea dwellers out there really, they all have flaws. The longer your around here and the more you learn about vintage Rolex the less happy you will be with basic offerings.

Many here buy the best case sets and add genuine parts and do mods to the cases to get a nice watch.

The standard cartel like josh sells is ok and a pretty good deal for the money. The downsides, not a great dial, non gen bezel construction and a poor crystal compared to gen. The basic case is not worth adding gen parts to...although I did just that. Eventually I bought a better case set(MBW)and swapped all my parts over. You could get a complete MBW watch from certain dealers and have to build on..but out of your price range and not easy to source.

I would advise you to stick around and read these forums while before you jump and buy something.

Welcome to the forum!

My 1665 Seadweller

This started as a josh watch, but moved to an MBW with lots of genuine parts.

6ca14008.jpg