When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New UPO's crown & stem fell out -- help!

bamagrad03

Just took delivery of a brand new UPO from Joshua. Everything is great, except I went to set the time and the dang crown fell out. And it wont go back in.

Should I just send it back? If I was planning on getting a gen crown/stem, should I just go ahead and do that now?

Since the crown has come out, the watch has been loosing time like crazy (like 1 second every 10 mins). Are those unrelated issues? Or would having the crown/stem in there fix this?

Thanks!

Sounds like it should probably go back to Josh. However, this process takes time and cost. So if you are in a hurry you could always try to get it repaired here. Where are you located? Will help to point you towards a reputable repair or watchsmith. What movement in your UPO? Depending on the movement the repair may or may not be worth it. Chances are good that the repair will be simple but if it is a 21j then often it is cheaper just to replace.

I'm in Birmingham. It's a swiss movement and judging from the rotor and it's "26 Jewels" inscription, I'm guessing that it's a Sellita SW200. I'd much rather pay someone to do a gen crown/stem/tube upgrade if there's someone on the board who does those for a fee. (I'm in no way skilled enough to do it myself).

Any help in that area would be greatly appreciated.