When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3714 - project start

nmartin771

First hello to everyone :)

I'm new to rep watches, so please be gentle ...

Recently I decided to go for my holly grail which is 3714 - 17, so I did my homework and search forum about this topic.

As I see it will be a big challenge to finish this project but big challenge = big excitement

First thing is to buy good rep watch. Out of my research I found two dealers: trusy times and replicamake.com. Replicamake has one great feature which is video of watch.

What do you think about this dealers ?

Next thing is to find genuine dial, hands and crown. That is seam to be easy task but I will see. I found that some of the members ( hugo, concepta ) can provide those parts. I sent them PM but there is no responce, maybe because I'm a new member with no posts ... I will wait and see ...

Does anybody knows how much are those parts ? I'm living in EU, so perhaps it will be much easier for me to deal with some EU guy who can provide those parts. Anybody knows someone from EU ?

And the biggest issue, as we all know is the movement. I saw on replicamake.com that this 3714 now use New Improved 29J Version of Asian 7750 Valjoux, so I'm interested in how good this improvement is ?

What do you suggest about movement ? Buy genuine one or do service to asian movement and wait for bomb to explode ... ? I herd that Domenico from Germany can provide very good service and that he is great guy ...

Last thing is crystal, I suppose that this rep doesn't have AR on crystal, and AR gives a huge difference to watch appearance. So does gen watch have AR on bouth sides or just on the back ?

Thanks in advance.

sorry about my English ... :)

Hi and welcome to RWG.

The 3714 is a stunning watch and I am glad you have found a project you wish to pursue. The rep modding game can take a long time but always be patient and work with the best guys around.

In EU, Hugo and Concepta do provide gen parts. I have worked with Concepta before and he is awesome. Unfortunately he is involved with so many projects that replying can be hard at times. However, the person he works with on the 3714s is a member called Texski. Texski is a guru in the 3714 and will do all the modding you need. His work is top notch but he is based in the U.S.A. But shouldn't be a problem.

I agree, you can start by getting the rep first. I would only use the dealers listed on this forum as this offers more protection. Try and source the rep with the "upgraded" movement as Texski has mentioned before that servicing this upgraded rep movement can be good. Ultimately however, and given the shaky history of this particular movement, the gen movement is a better choice.

Equally, the gen 3714s come with the double AR with a slight blue hue. Older versions didn't have AR but I would recommend double AR these days.

If Concepta is hard to get hold of, message Texski and let him know I sent you to him. Believe me, he looks after you from A to Z

Lobster,

Thank you very much for your replay, I found it very helpful.

Certainly I have all the time I need :) but I need to do little math ...

Do you know estimate of cost for good modified 3714 ( gen movement, dial, hands, crown and AR ) ?

Only thing I know now is cost of rep , which is around 330 euro with all shipping cost.

How much I can expect for all this game ?

Lobster,

Thank you very much for your replay, I found it very helpful.

Certainly I have all the time I need :) but I need to do little math ...

Do you know estimate of cost for good modified 3714 ( gen movement, dial, hands, crown and AR ) ?

Only thing I know now is cost of rep , which is around 330 euro with all shipping cost.

How much I can expect for all this game ?

All really depends on the parts and complexity of the project. But I can safely say that this can run into the 1000 Euro and above zone. But again, I can't say this for sure as you may use less gen products or more.

Send Tex a message and see what he advises. Let him know what budget you have and what things you definitely want.

Good luck buddy, I look forward to pics when the time comes :D

First of all, the only person you should talk to is Texsky. I've been talking to him about the same project and he is more than helpful. I back up from the project because of an u related issue. But Texsky is definitely someone who can make this project come true within a reasonable timeframe.

You need to remember though that the biggest problem with this project isn't the dial, the hands or the crown, but the seconds@ 6 modification which is inconsistent and unreliable. This where your money should go to and this is the biggest issue with the whole project. You can flash 1500$ and more on a watch that will stop working after a few months.

You can flash 1500$ and more on a watch that will stop working after a few months.

I already sent him PM ...

Yes, that is THE thing that concerns me the most. As I saw trough my research, some of the lucky ones have no problem with gen movement but of course thats is the most expensive solution.

Also I read here very positive fead back form users who did modification on asian movement ...

I admit it is challenging project ....

Lobster, I will post pictures when I finish :)