When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty Time sends me a DOA watch and I have to pay to return it?

eye.surgeon

My very first ever rep purchase arrived with an issue (not DOA, but a serious issue). I sent it back on my dime ($29 USD), but I got a new replacement sent back to me. I bought it from Andrew, and was so impressed with his communication and personal handling of the issue that I purchased 3 more watches from him within a month. I'm sold on him as an honest and reliable dealer!

One of the things I accepted when making the decision to purchase reps over gens was that, at a small fraction of the price of the gens, I would have to give up something. Maybe not every rep shows up in perfect condition, and maybe I have to pay return shipping, but at the end of the day, I've paid thousands less for a very comparable product. And with a dealer like Andrew I know I won't be left out in the wind.

Edited by vandal.tbh

I think the thing to be mindful of, is the differences between American and Chinese business practices. Concepts like customer loyalty/repeat business etc take a back seat to the ethos of easy individual sales and making money off that bulk, rather than playing the long game :)

Indeed,but we are not talking about the American businessman here. :) And anything business is not a subject for someone like yourself to comment on anyway.

Remember guys,when you want a 10k watch on your wrist for what a decent dinner out costs,[censored] happens once in a while,and anyone can complain to a dealer about a DOA watch just for the heck of it,and to have another shipped. A businessman (from any country) wouldn't be one for long if they just started handing out goods or money just because a customer online says so.

Problem with the watch?,send it back or get it fixed yourself,thats the way it is. They will always offer you something for your claimed troubles,a discount on any future purchase,free strap shipped out,etc...but if you dont like it,buy a gen and shut up.

As unpopular as that response might be,remember what you are involved in,if your not happy with your coke,the dealer on the street corner won't mail you another hit just because you call him and say you didnt get high.

I think the policy these guys offer is fair,its rare there is an issue,and remember what you are buying,and why.

Indeed,but we are not talking about the American businessman here. :)

Just his missperception of how he should be treated by a retailer...

And anything business is not a subject for someone like yourself to comment on anyway.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Remember guys,when you want a 10k watch on your wrist for what a decent dinner out costs,[censored] happens once in a while,and anyone can complain to a dealer about a DOA watch just for the heck of it,and to have another shipped. A businessman (from any country) wouldn't be one for long if they just started handing out goods or money just because a customer online says so.

Problem with the watch?,send it back or get it fixed yourself,thats the way it is. They will always offer you something for your claimed troubles,a discount on any future purchase,free strap shipped out,etc...but if you dont like it,buy a gen and shut up.

As unpopular as that response might be,remember what you are involved in,if your not happy with your coke,the dealer on the street corner won't mail you another hit just because you call him and say you didnt get high.

I think the policy these guys offer is fair,its rare there is an issue,and remember what you are buying,and why.

Totally agree, some people just have unrealistic and unreasonable expectations in this game.