When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Classic Fusion Black Magic 38mm, Thoughts?

atomic_doug

Hi All,

The Hublot Classic Fusion.

My wife browsed past the gen in a magazine and decided she needed to have it. She'd prefer the 38mm version, naturally. I know the 45mm version doesn't have the date window far enough out on the dial.

It's available from the usual sources like http://www.1-pc8838.com/hbfsl01011-classic-fusion-cerru-a2824-p-10610.html

Is there anything particularly glaringly off about it? I'm not a super-educated Hublot guy, so I don't know.

From the looks of it, it would be a matter of getting the more gen-like movement A2893 popped in at the factory (which would also make it possible to do a swap for a Sellita SW300, which is what the gen uses, and use the rep's rotor weight.)

It looks like the carbon dial could stand to have the date aperture cleaned-up a little and beveled.

Is there anything that I'm really missing here?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the same piece for my wife. Here is a comparison of 38mm rep and a 45mm gen I have. There are some flaws. But without one to compare, honestly it is hard to spot. The 45 mm here is with closed caseback version

45mmvs38mm.jpg

Carbon here too shiny, and the rep bezel I think it is brushed bit more rough compared to gen

CFFace.jpg

Pusher is not rubber

CFPusher.jpg

Screws?

CFClasp.jpg

Can't tell on the caseback. But I found there's another version with better movt for this 38mm here from Angus http://www.puretimew...er-strap-a2824/

CFCaseback.jpg

Hope this helps

Don't mean to highjack this, but would appreciate your thoughts.

I have 7" wrist and I got a Big Bang Green Magic earlier this year. I sold it on because I could not get a comfortable fit and it felt too top heavy.

I have been thinking to get either a 45mm classic fusion, or even wear the ladies 38mm classic fusion (don't laugh)

I notice from the specs that a 45mm classic fusion is quite a bit thinner than the HBB, and the caseset it a bit less less edgy than the HBB. Does it wear more comfortably?

Exactly what I wanted to know. I was at Geneva airport and had a chance to see a Gen Classic fusion, but only in the display. My wrist will take a Panny fairly well so your comparison is helpful. Thanks!