When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Does The Gold On The Two-Tone Sub Hold Up?

Determine

Hello to all,

Have'nt been active on the board much, but have been a member from the start, and would like to share this with all the members wanting to know how the gold wrapped sub holds up. The watch pictured here is one that I bought for my best worker when I first started my business. He got married and was moving to a new town, so I got this as a gift for him when he was leaving. It just so happens that he came to call on me at the office today, and was wearing the watch. I was blown away when I saw it, as I was not expecting it to have held up all this time! He said he has worn it for all those years, and the gold was still there! He gave it to me to get a closer look, and the only thing that was needed i.e. to the gold, was a polishing. It had a small brown spot on the sel, that went away when I polished it with some Flitz metal cleaner/polish. He said that he has put it through hell, and has even dropped it a few times causing two markers to fall off the dial. It's a TW best model I picked up from River in 2002. I am truly surprised! Here are some pictures were I "tried" to show the condition of the gold. All the best.

D

post-4339-0-07563900-1330134725.jpgpost-4339-0-24284800-1330135235.jpgpost-4339-0-34096200-1330135815.jpgpost-4339-0-04050200-1330136413.jpgpost-4339-0-86658400-1330136860.jpgpost-4339-0-49059000-1330137430.jpg

D

Thanks Determine.

Daniel, you can get Flitz on their website (flitz.com). Google and you will find several places with it.

Dunno about rubbing off the gold...eventually I'm sure that would occur if ya rubbed enough.

Generally, a light buffing with it does a great job though.

Thanks

I've got a brown spot on mine. Where do i pick up this cleaner/polish?

Will it rub off the "gold"?

Thanks Determine.

Daniel, you can get Flitz on their website (flitz.com). Google and you will find several places with it.

Dunno about rubbing off the gold...eventually I'm sure that would occur if ya rubbed enough.

Generally, a light buffing with it does a great job though.

@ Daniel, If it is the 14k wrapped model it will not come off. The guy told me that he even did a light sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper trying to remove it!! The Flitz removed it instantly, and works great! Afterwards you can see it really shine!

@ Goose, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

@ Daniel, If it is the 14k wrapped model it will not come off. The guy told me that he even did a light sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper trying to remove it!! The Flitz removed it instantly, and works great! Afterwards you can see it really shine!

@ Goose, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks! It's a wm9 TT sub so I assume it's wrapped.

I will check them out!