When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Classic Seadweller Opinions

andresmuro

Hi, I've been communication with Josh about the classic seadweller. He is out of the perfect seadweller. I am considering getting one with the extra regulating and waterproofing service. What do you all think about the classic seadweller? I've seen mostly opinions of the perfect one.

Thx,

Andres

I'm afraid I'm not much help here... the only sea dwellers I'm interested in are the vintage 1665. Is that what you mean by "classic"?

Cheers!

Actually, no. Joshua has two models of the same new seadweller. The perfect model and the classic model. The perfect is supossed to be 1:1 rep. The classic is a little less expensive. I am wondering if anyone has joshua's classic and what their expereinces are.

Andres

Actually, no. Joshua has two models of the same new seadweller. The perfect model and the classic model. The perfect is supossed to be 1:1 rep. The classic is a little less expensive. I am wondering if anyone has joshua's classic and what their expereinces are.

Andres

The 'classic' version that Josh and Andrew sell (I have one) has a standard submariner case 41 x 11.5mm (as opposed to the 41x14 mm) so the case depth is not correct and is noticeable. :wounded1: ..what do I do? this: Sea Dweller

Hope this helps :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...
And why is that? MBW Vintage is nice, but expansive because you want modifications, right?

I said that because NONE of the modern SD are 1:1. They all use sub case and bezel which is thinner thatn the SD case and bezel. Most have a bloated back making them thicker, but all lack the thicker case and bezel.

152515-14484.jpg

Not to mention that a genuine 16600 Sea-Dweller has a crystal that is almost 1mm smaller in diameter than a 16610's! If the 16610's rep case is being used for the rep SD, then the crystal and bezel insert diameters will also be a noticable 'tell'. 1mm may not sound like much, but when you're dealing with something as small as a watch, it makes a difference.