When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is my Breitling 6.75 DOA?

Texas1999

Received it today. Movement is New Asia Valjoux 7750 (28,800bph). Shook it for a few minutes....nothing. Unscrewed the crown, manually wound it about 50 turns...nothing. Shook it again for a few more minutes...nothing.

Am I missing something here? The watch is beautiful and appeared to be functioning fine on the timegrapher QC pic, so I'd hate to have to send it back.

Thanks for any input!

So were the QC timegrapher pics faked then, or can a watch just up and die that quickly? It was packaged with a 2nd watch and shipped to me, and watch #2 works fine, so I doubt this was a case where the watch was damaged in transit. Just seems strange. I have contacted the TD who sold it to me so we will see if I can get it resolved.

I can hear the rotor spinning but it sounds very rough, almost like a grinding noise. Chrono is dead. Ive manually wound it very carefully 100+ rotations and got nothing, and there isnt even any increasing tension felt in the spring as Im winding it. Nothing has worked and the seconds hand has not moved a millimeter. DOA.

Ive contacted the dealer and received instructions on how to ship it back to China, which I'm sure will be a lot of fun. Oh well, I understand these things are bound to happen eventually. At least the other watch in the shipment (Pam 318) works perfect so it wasn't a total bummer of a day!

Come to think of it, I've never had any luck with automatic movements in my gens either. Maybe I'm cursed and should stick to hand winds.