When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lower/ shaving ROO caseback

mm..mm

Thanks guys...that's to bad and not worth it

I tried on a gen ROO and it seemed to be much lower...I don't low if it was because I tried the volcano and I usually wear the montauk.

Has any of you had the same feeling or is it due to the dial color as well and perspectives?

If you remove the case back and re-install it without the gasket, you can check and test for rotor freedom. An easy trick is to put a drop of oil on the rotor, then check if the oil has transferred to the inside of the caseback.

There is just enough room for the rotor, I doubt you can remove any significant amount of material...unless of course you go the Franken route.

For 1mm its not worth the hassle or the risk.

I tried on many Gen APs and to be honest its almost indistinguishable. I have a black themes, panda, safari and diver. I have tried ALL of them on at an AD. I could not tell the difference. They feel exactly the same on my wrist.

The easiest way is to make it and hand wound model. I personally prefer that.

I think the watch looks way better and I don't care to wind it every morning.

Since I wear a different watch every day, I have to wind them anyhow :)

Just remove all the winding gears and you have plenty of room. Also it will wind very smooth.

If you want to keep it an automatic, you can shave the inside of the case back.

Be careful, it's not really thick because of the engraving. Together with a lower rotor I managed to make it work 2 times.

It's very tricky though but it can be done. And yes, not all the rotors have the same thickness.