When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any watchmakers in west coast of Scotland who service reps?

Davyc

I've been trying to find a watchmaker around the west coast of Scotland who will service my H Factory Pan. So far, every one that I have contacted has said they won't touch Asian Unitas rep movements. The watch stops of it's own accord every now and then even when not fully unwound. I'd imagine it's a lubrication issue (dragging?) as the least little thing starts it again. I'm obviously not remotely an expert and can't fix it myself so any recommendations would be welcome. I don't really want to have to send it back to Joshua even though it's only a month old. I'm sure he'd sort me out but from everything I've read the movements are always a crap-shoot and it's best just to get a service.

Cheers

Davy

I remember archierocks saying something about a watchsmith in glasgow who is willing to work on reps. It might be worth sending him a pm.

Thanks, I'll do just that. I get the feeling it's more to do with a general lack of true watchsmiths that can make their own parts. Availability of spare parts was one reason quoted for not working on them.