When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm new dont kill me with this question...Who makes the best Deep Sea Sea Dweller for $250 +/- range?

mjnoles1

There seems to be a 100 options on this forum. I have been reading thread after thread, so I did my research but it seems I can not find a good answer to my question. Now, I know if I wanted to spend $450 range BK is the way to go. But, it is hard for me to jusify spending $450 for a replica.

So, please help me with the best option for the $250 give or take range. Beat quality, closest to the real thing, and low on defects. Which seller fits the bill?

Edited by mjnoles1

Whoops I'm looking at this on my phone and thought it was a submariner question. The n-factory deepsea is the same watch as BKs piece and can be had in a21j power for around a hundred dollars. Again, it comes in other movement options.

I thank you for the post, but, I am specifically looking for the Rolex Sea Dweller Deep Sea (newest version).

The classic submariner choice for low and mid price range is the N-Factory sub. (noobmariner)

Any dealer can get this for you. Depending on the movement inside you can get this for as little as sixty usd.

I keep seeing noobfactory or n-factory as I have been doing a lot of researchign on tis forum. What does that mean though?

Two of the major players in high quality replicas are the Hublot Factory (H Factory) and the NoobFactory (N Factory).

Simple as that.

Here. Latest NoobFactory DeepSea with Chinese copy of the reliable Swiss movement... under 200 USD. With shipping, you're around $240.

http://puretimewatch...16600-v6-a2836/

Thank you so much. Last questions if I may? Since you know so much about the replica timepieces. How reliable for the long run are the chinese copy of the Swiss Movement compared to the real Swiss Movement? Also, how accurate are they compared to the real swiss movements and finally is there any thing different between the real swiss movement in this timepiece compared to the chinese copy of the swiss movement other than the movement itself?

Is the rest of the watch better, more accurate and so on with the real swiss movement compared to the copy of the swiss movement?

Every mechanical timepiece requires servicing every three to five years. The oil inside the watch slowly evaporates and what remains is sticky gum. As long as you service the watches every several years, they should last long enough to be heirlooms. In the worst case, and a china clone watch fails without availability of parts, a genuine swiss ETA movement will drop in to replace it without any hassle.

There is no significant difference between the china clone ETA movements and genuine ETA movements. You may have noticed that a couple of months ago, a "super clone" was released. They cost more but claim to be 1:1 with full interchange of all parts.

Regarding quality, you have to read the dealer advertisement or ask them in email. For the DSSD you want, the major difference is that some of the A21j models come with glass crystals instead of sapphire crystals.

The rest of the watch is not "better" between the different movement options. That practice ended a few years ago. If you buy an Asian ETA or a Swiss ETA from the same factory, the watch will be the same watch and the price difference is purely due to the movement inside.

Finally, a word about QC. There is none at the factories. If you buy 2 of the same watch, one might be perfect and one might fall apart on day 2. That is why you buy from a trusted dealer. Forum dealers will make this kind of problem right for you. Their track record of customer service and "honesty" are why we keep them on the forum.