When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer 11 1655 questions

chris9

The Mcqueen Explorer 11 has me totally bewitched.... It all started with a Double Red Seadweller and now i am hooked on this vintage stuff!

I MUST HAVE a 1655, losing sleep pooring over all the TD's sites!

But which one? Should it be the 1655 with strait second hand on a 7205 riveted bracelet or a 1655 with luminous dot secon hand and 7836 folded bracelet?

Help?

I built a straight second hand 1655 a few years ago but have never found another. all the rep makers seem to only make the lume dot version now. I sold it already.

My next build is a lume dot folded bracelet version ... (2nd pics) i would go down that road if i were you. This is older version of Josh case with much better crown guards than the newer version but it won't fit a gen crystal, rehaut is slightly too small. This is a tropic 127 from a 1680 and a newer version bezel. I just gotta hope an NDT dial fits the case.

SQ-4.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5044.jpg

Cheers

P.

Edited by polexpete

Thanks P,

Andrew at TrustyTime has a couple of straight second hand options, problem is the hour and minute hands are so wrong on both. His lume dot, folded bracelet is nice, much better hands, but the second hand is wrong. Now I see why people mod! Thanks again for your great advice. Most appreciated. Chris9