When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mercedes Submariner Hands for ref. 1680/1665 caliber 1570

eddog

Greetings to all, It's been a while since I posted here, but it's nice to be back...

I Recently came into this set of near mint vintage Submariner mercedes style hands, and want to confirm that they are what i suspect (and others have confirmed to me) that they are, Genuine Rolex Tritium hands (from my research possibly 80's / 90's service) for a caliber 1570 (note the long pinion on the sweep second hand) used on ref's 1680 and 1665 Submariners

They were acquired from my old school watchmaker (who doesn't work on reps, unless I've brought him one ;-) .. who had them in his spares.. He Asked me if i was interested, so i said yes.

The quality of production/plating finish is immaculate, and the lume is applied perfectly, which appears factory and is definitely not any kind of luminova product, as it is hard and dry and textured like tritium.

I inquired with some friends who are gen rolex guys, and their thoughts were, thumbs up!...but as i'm not a rolex expert (for those of you who know me here, Vintage Tudor has always been my bag of tricks) I wanted to double check with you guys, some of the most knowledgeable crew around when it comes to details of vintage rolex!...

to see exactly what i had.

Here are some similar hands (although more aged) I have found on the vintage rolex forum...

http://www.network54...+5513+1665+etc-

http://www.network54...s+for+cal-+1570

and please check my pics and let me know what you guys think!

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

Eddog!

post-729-0-79836300-1336533297.jpg

post-729-0-59587200-1336533316.jpg

post-729-0-33809900-1336533347.jpg

If he happens to have a set of service lumeinover hands for a 1680 seconds hand with long pinion I would be interested

Hey Fxrandy,

I don't know if he will or not..., but i'll be sure to ask him the next time i speak to him!

cheers

ed

• Like 1

<p>

<br />

Hey J!  Nice to see you around again!!!  <br />

<br />

Hands look pretty legit to me.  <br />

<br />

While you are asking around, if you happen to come across a nice set of genuine tritium Tudor Mercedes hands, let me know!<br />

</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hey Red!!<br />

</p>

<p>Good to hear from you too!!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hope you&#39;ve been doing well!!!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Not spending as much time in the Tudor world of late, but can definitely keep an eye/ear out for you...</p>

<p> </p>

<p>cheers!!</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>