When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"slim" 6152/1 fantasy destro build

mellons

better day yesterday- made a mess of a molly keyless the previous night during a transplant and to calm myself took out an older jackson case to work on. I had thouht shape was gone but the more i worked on it the better it became: so salvaged it!

worked it up and it will now be a "slim" 6152/1 build- overal height approx. 15.5mm. If i get a southy or athaya one-piece low bezel i will shave 0.5mm off this!

ingredients:

older jackson case (reshaped and drilled for crown tube)- lugs to be drilled for older (slimmer) necky compression-fit bars (future mod)

jackson CG sterilised with athaya lever installed: pin mod epoxied in place (rock solid "clunky"- best action yet)

oakabum brass crown tube and crown

solid plexi - necky 6mm taken down to 4mm approx (retained shallow outer curvature)

stock bezel (tried silix but this looks better for now)- to be replaced with low-profile shallow one piece (future mod)

dsn flat engraved solid caseback (1.7mm visible iir)

shape turned out well but for next one i will try proper shape: will leave lugs thicker and get thicker caseback/plexi etc. The aim in this one was to retain the proportions of gen while "slimming" the whole thing down. I think I wil keep this one as a destro and wear lhs....

anyway progress shots (case still bit rough and shape not finished)- mock-up to see how shape looks on older jackson rep strap....

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

Edited by mellons