When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob Question on Straps

ThePimp

I have never owned a Breitling but have always admired them from a distance. After a couple of other Rep purchases i decided to order 3 X Breitlings from PC, all with the same strap size.

Having never changed a strap on these, are they easy enough to do? I have ordered a cheap quartz and two 7750 watches, the quartz comes on a stainless link strap i would like to fit to one of the more accurate clones.

Is it an easy job, or one for a watch service agent?

Thanks

If it's simple spring bars you can do it with your kitchen knife (but dont do it, a big possibility of damaging the strap itself)

Just buy a spring bar removal tool from ebay for few dollars, watch some tutorials on youtube

like this:

It's really a simple procedure with inexpensive tools

Edited by Prancuzas

Brilliant, thanks for that, i did not know such a tool was available. I kept looking at how close the leather strap was and wondering how to get a screw driver down the non existant gap, now I know :)

Thanks again.

Such a noob question but if you dont know, you have to ask :)

If you have not done it before

it takes some practice to remove and reinstall the bracelet on most Breitlings.

Still should be something with a strap tool or even just a small screwdriver should be able to handle themselves though.

And once you get the hang of it, the process becomes easier.

Putting on and removing a made for Breitling strap though is a piece of cake, much easier than a bracelet and any noob with a small screwdriver will be able to handle it.

One note of caution, it is a major PITA to fit many of the made for Pam straps as they are much thicker and the location of the springbar holes in Breitling lugs is very deep.

Have done it a few times and honestly must say you are better off never attempting it, have always gotten them to work but usually takes 100 tries and a few scratches.