When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New watch Bracelet cleaning method

Sparkal

Hey all,

Sorry of this is not new to anyone but I am sitting here at my desk and in my technicians workshop I have just seen one of my staff cleaning up delicate electrical components. When use a product called "Chemz Contact Clean".

This is an inert solvent which is safe to use on most plastics, quick penetrating and rapid evaporation.

I received my BO1 at work the other day and have not even cracked the protective wrapper as yet.

So I just unwrapped the bracelet, and she is a rep bracelet through and through, nice workmanship don't get me wrong, just stiff and full of production crud.

Sprayed this product thoroughly over the bracelet and left to do its job for about a minute.

All evaporated and black oily residue on bench top has dripped out with no work on my part.

Round two. Sprayed bracelet again and this time have worked the links. Repeat.

Result is bits of metal filings all over my hands and bench. fingers tips now black, bench covered in black residue. But one very very smooth bracelet!

Sorry for the lack of pics, am at work and don't really have time to even be posting this.... Hmm how can I make a job out of reps......

Cheers,

Al

post-43791-0-32970200-1337200683.jpg

Very nice. The "dry lubricant" bicycle chain lube recommended on the forum does the same thing, but you don't get as much as in this obviously huge spray can you're showing to us.

Follow your procedure with the dry lubricant, and you'll have coated all the inner workings with lovely dry teflon. SILKY. :clap2: