When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Tourbillon - Case Replacement/Mod

51NGH

Hi guys,

I have a HBB Tourbillon skeleton. It's only two months old and only ever been worn for about 4 hours, however the case has a crack in it (see image below).

I have concluded the generally speaking the HBB Tourbillon is just generally poor quality. It is not like the HBB V6 models that are solid in their build and quality.

Please can anyone give me an idea how I can get the movement moved to a better case like the V6. I spoke to a few dealers and they have all told me the Tourbillon will not fit in a V6 case. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

post-28078-0-20863500-1337268184.jpg

Edited by Admin

It won't fit in a V6 case or any other non tourbillon HBB. Too much has to go in it.

You can't even swap the bezels between the skeleton tourbillon and an HBB chrono.

You're going to need to ask for a new case from a dealer. It sucks I know. How'd it happen? Did you notice when you impacted it or did you notice the crack after the fact?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your response. No idea how it happened, I am so careful with all my goods so it was a huge shock. I have concluded, though, the quality of the case it just generally very poor. It doesn't feel great in your hand in comparison to the V6 models.

It not hugely noticeable and to be honest, I hardly wear this watch. I'll see if a new version comes out.

If anyone else has some ideas that would be appreciated!

Thanks for your response. No idea how it happened, I am so careful with all my goods so it was a huge shock. I have concluded, though, the quality of the case it just generally very poor. It doesn't feel great in your hand in comparison to the V6 models.

It not hugely noticeable and to be honest, I hardly wear this watch. I'll see if a new version comes out.

If anyone else has some ideas that would be appreciated!

Wow that was what I was afraid of. If you didn't even recall an impact that means it was minimal yet caused significant damage. Not good to buy the all ceramic then I think.

If I were you I'd order a new case a.s.a.p,

A. They have already stopped making some Skeleton Tourbillon models

B. If a little bit of moisture or dust peers in through that crack say goodbye to a very expensive movement. No watchsmith I know in this side of the world would touch a Chinese tourbillon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, I don't think the damage is quite that bad - and to be honest, I think the case would most likely let moisture in anyway (without the crack). This is the full skeleton model. I may get a new case, if not...up for sale :p