When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Ferrari GT GMT w/7750 (OPVIII) ...

Jkay

4409d58c-98fa-f936.jpg

I can not seem to find a lume photo of the Gen on the internet; is the "railroad" chapter ring on the dial lumed at all on the Gen?

I find it a bit difficult to read the time at night with only the hands lumed, and nothing at all on the dial.

Thanks!

I bought this one used, but in as-new condition from sgtguk. It seems to be a very solid piece; the GMT hand is independently adjustable, just as in a rep GMT IIc .. pull the crown to the date change position but rotate it anti-clockwise.

The crown is unique, in that it does not "screw down" per se .. you line up the crown and the tube via a red dot milled into the crown, then you press the crown all the way in towards the case, and when you can not press any further, you turn the crown clockwise 180 degrees and it locks into place.

It's much like a twist-lock aerospace fitting, or an electronic BNC fitting.

The dial looks 100% great to me .. overall, I dont see any flaws that I can find.

The deployant could use a bit of softening on the edges, but what rep could not?

The leather strap? Hm .. not bad but not as great as the rest of this watch. I'd replace it when I have 150 - 200 to spare for a dual color gen croco.

The AR is single-sided, as most Panerai is nowadays ..

The lume is better than standard rep lume but not up to high quality lume strength

overall, I like it a lot.