When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some questions about Panerai's

mrkraaij

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a Panerai on short notice. Now I came across quite a lot of good ones, but as a new guy it is hard for me to tell if they are good enough. Therefore, I have some questions.

1. Does the logo that some PAM watches have underneath the "Panerai" on the dial, tell us something about the type of PAM or the quality of the rep?

2. Is there a major difference between H factory and noob factory?

3. What are some important things to look at when buying a PAM rep?

Please let me know!

There are replicas of vintage Panerai and modern, as well .. going back to models from the 1930's ... there is no blanket "secret" to looking for a good Panerai replica, since there are so many kinds.

Did you mean your question to focus on the modern versions only? Or are you interested in all of the different styles

1. Does the logo that some PAM watches have underneath the "Panerai" on the dial, tell us something about the type of PAM or the quality of the rep?

No, if the Gen model has the Logo, the rep has the logo

2. Is there a major difference between H factory and noob factory?

Both are good and it depends on the model as to which is better

3. What are some important things to look at when buying a PAM rep?

Way to general a question but if you take some time and read some of the reviews in the Panerai section you will get a feel for the nuances for each model...

Welcome to RWG

There is no silver bullet

Pick your dealer

Research your model

choose your model

place your order

:tu:

Thanks guys!

Jkay, I'm looking for the Luminor Marina but I haven't really decided which one I'm going to buy.

Question then still remains is what does the logo represent? Or is it simply used in some PAM's and that other models don't have it?

I bought this pam 111. It is a H fact. There are different opinions on whether the best comes from Noob or H fact.

My opinion is if the Noob is better, then either way you win. Very nice quality on both..

Just my 2ct.

Sorry for the iPhone picture.

Edited by spitfire

Each little detail change signifies a different model number for Panerai

Look through them all and see which one most catches your eye, from that point only can you then start to pinpoint which version and factory maker you should look for on a particular Pam model number.

If you like the 111 but want a date function, then look at the 104 for example.

Edited by rogerthat

Open back means visible tells

The movement replication is never perfect

The movement I suspect you like on the 111 in terms of decoration and appearance through the open caseback cannot handle a date function; it is a manual wind style movement / pocket watch style movement

Same as the gen it cannot handle a date

Any panerai with a date rep or gen has an automatic movement

So you'd suggest to go for something else as the open caseback easily reveals that you are dealing with a rep?

Does anyone know the best place for buying a 104 noob? I've been looking at trusty and PT, but a little help from the big guys here would help!

So you'd suggest to go for something else as the open caseback easily reveals that you are dealing with a rep?

It depends how and why you are wearing your rep. If it is on your wrist, no one can see the caseback - open or otherwise. I personally don't ever lie about my reps - on the very rare occasions that anyone asks me about my watches, I tell them that it is a rep. The only time that this would be a problem would be if you were taking your watch off to show people, and pretending that it is a gen. If you do that, then you are indeed more likely to get away with it with a closed caseback. Otherwise, get whatever you like the most. I like open case backs, because I find watch movements fascinating and beautiful.